Renewable Energy Consultancy
Ensuring you have the right green energy for your business can be confusing and daunting. Let us help simplify the process. We'll take a step back and evaluate your system and futureproofing requirements before making an expert electrical network recommendation that's best for commercial forecasting, sustainability and business growth goals.
Zero in on specialist support
On a business level, taking the first step toward Net Zero can be a confusing process, as a result of content overload and ever-changing definitions. But where do you start? If you’re a large energy user (consuming around 600MWh per year) for example, then you may even need to generate renewable energy onsite, in order to achieve your own Net Zero goals and protect company growth.
The answer lies with Enspec’s Renewable Energy Consultancy. We can help you turn your energy-heavy manufacturing or operating process into a carbon-negative system that adds real value to your business whilst being economically feasible and engineered to your requirements with an uninterrupted green energy supply, containing one or multiple components including: solar panels, wind turbines, battery storage, electrolysers for on-site green hydrogen production, fuel cells, and hydrogen ready CHP.
The Enspec Process
You may have been prompted to look at your energy type and electrical network because of a Carbon Audit and outlined Science-Based Targets. You may have been prompted to look at electrical network inadequacies that cause brownouts and blackouts, leading to equipment damage, product loss (for manufacturers) and safety issues.
Identifying your company’s operational requirements, such as a critical power supply, 24-hour operations and growth goals, are all factors that need to be considered. There are positives and negatives when it comes to any green energy option, including Green Energy Tariffs, Renewable PPAs, On-site Renewable PPAs, and uninterrupted green energy from self-owned On-site Renewable Energy Development. Let us look at your system so we can give you an expert recommendation on the best route for you.
Your uninterrupted green energy supply
Once you are ready to take the next step in ultra-low emissions, you will see several options for Power Purchase Agreements, which can benefit some large energy users more than others.
This is where Enspec can support you. Beginning with a Carbon Audit evaluation, we’ll carry out a thorough electrical overview, and then complete a series of studies to design the most economical and energy-efficient onsite renewables system possible. A system that, along with any grid connection studies, ensures your new green electrical network is optimised for your needs, suitable for business growth, and fully compliant. Payback periods on the system range from 2-8 years, meaning you’ll be making incredible savings on your electricity for years to come.
Our trusted team will then handle your project from start to finish, so you can count on having a single connection point and electrical engineer – and be confident your business is operating at ultralow emissions and using 100% green energy.
Why choose onsite renewables development over a PPA?
- It increases the value of owned assets – as you are investing in your building by adding a renewable energy source.
- The green energy tariff is currently a more expensive and more in-demand option.
- Onsite development can help produce a carbon saving – as energy is one of the emission factors you can get a negative number for (unlike waste or mileage.
- PPA is not 100% green as there are energy losses in the transmission from the PPA farm to the client. Onsite renewables eliminate this distance and therefore eliminate the energy loss.
- There isn’t enough PPA capacity for everyone to have one. The large energy users (600MWh p/y) who do take this space though can still help those who have no choice but to switch to a PPA – benefiting commercially and leading by example.
- Can be designed to solve operational issues.
- Incorporated components like battery storage and fuel cells, to ensure you have an uninterrupted green energy supply.
- Payback periods average from 2-8 years, meaning you’ll be able to save by investing in your own system for years to come.
- We are supplier agnostic – we’ll bring in the best and most appropriate technology depending on what your system requires.