To apply, send in a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Marketing Manager, Full Time.
Starting Salary: £25,000-£32,000 per annum (based on experience).
Location: St Helens, UK
Reports to: CEO
Working in an exciting and topical sector of Green Tech, Enspec Power is a 24-year-old electrical engineering firm that specialises in Power Quality and Grid Connection, bringing expertise that is both niche and technical to a vast range of clients. With our HQ and consultancy team based out of St. Helens, Manufacturing site near Newcastle, and global operations, we offer necessary services and solutions to large energy generators (Wind Farms, Solar Farms, Hydro, Nuclear) and large energy users (Mines, Datacenters, Hospitals, Treatment Centres). While we have global scale, we’re a family run business and proud that our expertise plays a vital role in the Net-Zero and green energy revolution.
As the industry continues to boom and power quality becomes an ever-important topic, paralleled by a growing team of experts and overall operations, we’re looking for a creative, ambitious, and goal-orientated person to help bring Enspec’s Marketing Strategy to life. Someone with a passion for learning and a capability to help translate technical topics depending on what customer profile is being targeted.
As an industry focused, B2B business, we’re anything but boring. We’re an exciting organisation, with a passion for translating technical topics to better help drive solutions and innovations. We’re looking for a motivated person, to help us develop and implement marketing across multiple channels to fully maximise our newly updated Brand Guidelines and Tone of Voice, gain new customers as well as retain and provide better insight to existing customers.
Working closely with the CEO, this role has the potential to grow and support career aspirations. The successful candidate will manage multiple marketing channels, some of which are fully internal and some which are supported with suppliers. This will be for UK and international activity. You’ll be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing marketing plans based off detailed marketing strategies for the entire organisation, in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. You’ll be working with Senior leaders in the business to determine budgets and targets for foundational collateral and campaigns and assist in research for developing pricing strategies for products and services. The right person will have the opportunity to gaining key foundational skills from an experienced Marketing Director (now CEO) with the potential of future study and professional development support, the role has the capability to become a pivotal point ahead of a successful career.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Backing up and updating the Enspec WordPress Website on a regular basis.
- Uploading website content (case studies, industry updates, newsletters) on to the website.
- Running Mail Chimp campaigns for employee updates, existing customers, and prospective customers. Reporting on campaign performance.
- Segmenting data lists from CRM and working with Sales team to get potential client emails to run prospecting campaigns.
- Assisting in the creation of a monthly marketing plan, with the support of the CEO and Senior Technical leaders, ensuring campaign consistency with internal and outsourced marketing activity.
- Managing external suppliers, deadlines, and milestones to support foundational and campaign creation. Writing detailed briefs with the support of the CEO for suppliers. Ensuring budgets are agreed and PO from the system is pulled before supplier work begins.
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis, reporting activity back to the CEO.
- Assisting with market research and the updating of marketing strategies for all services, industries, and geographical location for Enspec, with the strategic support of the CEO. Keeping suppliers up to date with any important strategic changes, as identifies.
- Leading exhibition stand set up and coordinate technical team resource for major events. Being responsible for logistics of Exhibitions, including events team liaison, project planning necessary on-stand material, digital marketing of exhibition involvement leading up to the event and on the day, hotel reservations for all involved, organised necessary digital material. Helping identify the best events to exhibit at and building relationships with event professionals to get speaking opportunities for technical and senior team members.
- Assisting with diary organisation between suppliers and employees from different departments for general planning or marketing related tasks.
- Helping with creative content creation, including but not limited to website headers, email graphics and social graphics, keeping to brand guidelines, through the use of Adobe Creative Cloud application or alternative, such as Canva.
- Taking photos at Team events and parties. Opportunity to visit staff on site for on-the-job photos. Opportunities to visit international supplier training courses to build relationships with other in the industry and get better understanding of the technical work we do (so that it can be more clearly communicated to our audiences).
- Keeping organised plan of marketing collateral that is needed and ensuring that the project and sales teams receive requested material in a timely manner.
- Completing global market research on relevant regulations, target audiences and reporting back on geographical differences. Assisting in the development of global strategies, marketing plans, and implementing with the support of suppliers across various channels.
- Helping identify and writing award submissions for a variety of different entries, both as a company, for specific projects and for individual team members.
- Assisting technical team with copywriting for case studies and thought-leadership articles.
- A-Level or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite incl Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving office environment.
- Experience in managing multiple different marketing channels, suppliers, and deadlines, including digital, print and in person.
- Experience of working with content creation platforms, including Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).
- Experience in working with CMS and CRM systems including MailChimp and WordPress.
- Experience writing successful supplier briefs.
- Experience working to marketing strategies and creating detailed marketing plans.
- Self-motivator, with the desire to learn and progress.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Goal orientated.
- Capability to working to budgets and timelines.
- Capability of working independently.
- Detail orientated.
- Good people skills.
- Occasional Travel is required. This could be for Exhibition Conferences (for both work or professional learning), to attend supplier training courses on product benefits, or as part of company leisure trips.
- Have a passion for brand building and an understand of how to work to brand guidelines.
- Must have Right to work in the UK.
- Degree in Communications, Marketing or equivalent.
- Experience with PR
- Have an interest and passion for global activity and sustainability.
- Enjoy working in a family business.
- Email Marketing Experience with A/B Testing and reporting
- Passion for photography, interesting information, and content creation.
- An aptitude for copywriting.
- Enspec hopes to launch and maintain a Podcast. Experience in this area is beneficial.
- Interview experience to help with award submissions.
About Enspec Power Ltd.
Enspec Power is a very down-to-earth culture that prizes good people, ambition, and handwork. Along with providing suggested training opportunities, Enspec is also happy to consider any training opportunities suggested by placement and employees who have their eye on specific skill development. Enspec understands the importance of team bonding and a “work hard, play hard” culture, going on many meals out with companywide parties which can take place across the country and sometimes abroad in places like America and various counties in Europe.
Working Hours, Salary, Holidays
Working days are Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8am to 1:30pm on Friday, with a half-hour unpaid lunch.
Holidays include 32 days, including bank holidays.
This is a full-time position with plenty of development and progression opportunities. Salary from £25,000 – £32,000 (based on experience).
If you are an organised and detail orientated person, with a passion for smooth business operations, then we would love to hear from you.