Reactive compensators to suit your needs
MVAr equipment ratings are typically specified following the necessary power system studies that can be carried out by Enspec or third-party engineers. Once a finalized specification is agreed, we will offer the most cost-effective, technically acceptable solution to your needs, be it passive, active, or hybrid reactive compensation.
The Enspec solution
We design and manufacture reactive compensators, fully enclosed at distribution voltages from 400V to 36kV and open-rack at higher voltages. We offer a range of technologies including:
- Passive – Power capacitors and shunt reactors provide the required VAr output. These can be simple non-switched biasing solutions through to Point-on-Wave switched systems to avoid transients during switching.
- Active – Utilizing power electronic solutions such as STATCOMS and Static VAr Generators (SVG’s), these inject real-time VAr’s for dynamic changes in load and enhanced fault ride-through capabilities.
- Hybrid – A combination of both passive and active technologies provides a cost-effective solution, most often used within renewable energy applications such as wind farms.
Add up the benefits for yourself
- Free up the power capacity of the facility
- Arc protection for safety of personnel and operation
- Simpler engineering, project management installation than open-rack design
- Improve the voltage profile and power factor
- Reduce the apparent current and system loses
- Provide reactive energy required by inductive loads
- Avoid penalties due to poor power factor.
- Reduces GreenHouse Gas emissions
For a range of applications
Enspec’s Reactive Compensation Capacitor Banks are designed for any environment, from 400V to 36kV voltages to open-rack at higher voltages.
- Metal processing
- Mining extraction and processing
- Oil and gas extraction pumping and purification
- Waste and clean water treatment
- Food and Petrochemical processing
- Plastic molding and extrusion
- Cement and aggregate
- Solar, wind, and hydropower renewables
Further to this, we can offer a range of consultancy and support services for specific and/or unique applications.