Full-Time Senior Power Systems Consultant
Apply by send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title as email subject. Or apply at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2959364152
Due to new client wins, Enspec Power is seeking an experienced Power System Consultant to join the team. He/she will be responsible for leading studies, network analysis and load flow for a range of HV projects, including many in the renewable energy sector. The role is full time and will be primarily based out of our St Helens office. A flexible approach and ability to work across a range of projects at the same time is an important requirement. You will be leading and delivering a range of projects within the Power Systems team, supporting the manufacturing process with component design and programming, bidding and winning work as well as supporting and training team members. As part of the role, you will be involved in writing and reviewing technical reports, thought leadership, proposals and maintaining client relationships. Therefore, an ability and enthusiasm to have direct client contact and generate strong client relationships is essential.
– Steady state studies such as load flow, fault level and reactive compensation
– Dynamic studies such as frequency and voltage stability
– Harmonic analysis / power quality / Filter design
– Transient over-voltage and insulation coordination simulation studies (switching/lightning)
– Earthing studies
– Protection coordination and Arc Flash studies
– Grid connection support to onshore and offshore developers
– Solution component design and programming, particularly for harmonic filters and reactive compensation
A typical week would include:
Delivering consulting work related to the various types of power systems studies and analysis. Providing technical and project management leadership to support the project team in the successful delivery of consulting work.
Ensuring technical quality of delivery of power systems projects, reports, and proposals.
Building and maintaining key client relationships to effectively position power systems services and secure future business.
Leading the development and delivery of project proposals and identifying areas where services/skillsets can be integrated through multi-disciplinary working.
Lead on excellence in power systems software packages (e.g., DIgSILENT PowerFactory, PSS/E, ETAP, PSCAD, IPSA, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements
– Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
– Experience with Power Systems analysis
– Experience with power system software packages including DIgSILENT PowerFactory, PSS/E, ETAP, PSCAD, and IPSA
– Experience in power systems consulting
– A network of industry contacts and clients
– Proactive and highly motivated to meet customer requirements
– A proven track record in project delivery
– Focus on quality, ensuring excellence of deliverables for both project reports and proposals and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often working on multiple projects/ proposals at any one time
– Great verbal and written communication
– Strong team working culture
– Customer-facing skills
– Analytical problem solver
– While this is a UK based role power quality understanding in international markets, particularly the USA, Australia, and Africa, is of benefit as we contribute to thought leadership and continue to grow our international client base.
– Understanding of power quality in the developing sustainability and net-zero conversation, for instance, Hydrogen production, BESS, etc. or interest in learning about and contributing to these topics is also of benefit.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such, we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities. So, if you’re an ambitious Power Systems Consultant looking to further your career with a successful business, we would love to hear from you.
About Enspec Power Ltd.
Enspec Power is a very down to earth culture that prizes good people, ambition, and hard work. Along with providing suggested training opportunities, Enspec is also happy to consider any training opportunities suggested by placement and employees who have their eye on specific skill development. Enspec understands the importance of team bonding and a “work hard, play hard” culture, going on many meals out with company-wide parties which can take place across the country and sometimes abroad in places like America and various countries in Europe.
Working Hours, Salary, Holidays
Working days are Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8am to 1:30pm on Friday, with a half-hour lunch.
Holidays include 20 days + bank holidays + extended Christmas period off (office closed December 23rd to first working day after the New Year.)
This is a full-time position with plenty of development and progression opportunities. Up to £70,000 (based on experience).