Full Time Graduate Power Systems Engineer
Apply by send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title as email subject.
About Enspec Power Ltd.
Enspec Power is a very down to earth culture that prizes good people, ambition and handwork. Along with providing suggested training opportunities, Enspec is also happy to consider any training opportunities suggested by placement and employees who have their eye on specific skill development. Enspec understands the importance of team bonding and a “work hard, play hard” culture, going on many meals out with company wide parties which can take place across the country and sometimes abroad in places like America and various counties in Europe.
Working Hours & What We Can Offer You
Working days are Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8am to 1pm on Friday, with a half hour lunch.
The opportunity to work, learn and progress in an exciting and growing sector on a wide range of consultancy projects
The opportunity to work in a relaxed and friendly environment
Training and development/CPD opportunities
Discretionary annual bonus
Company contributory pension scheme
Other benefits including global travel opportunities.
Holidays include 20 days plus bank holidays.
The Power Systems Engineer will be responsible for producing studies, network analysis and load flow for a range of HV projects, including many in the renewable energy sector. The role is full time and will be primarily based out of our St Helens office. A flexible approach and ability to work across a range of projects at the same time is an important requirement.
Training using relevant software, including as PSCAD, ETAP, IPSA, ERACS or DigSILENT will be provided.
- Carrying out Power System Studies such as P28, G5/5, Loadflow, Fault Level, Protection Coordination, G99 Connection, Arc Flash, TRV and other bespoke consultancy work.
- Carrying out such studies in PSCAD, IPSA, ETAP, DIgSILENT PowerFactory and Simulink.
- Writing, reviewing and collaborating on engineering reports to present results to customers, consultants and DNO’s.
- Liaising with customers and consultants to acquire system data and input into calculation spreadsheets.
- Partaking in conferences/ calls with customers and consultants to discuss and present report findings.
- Providing expert consultancy to customers on grid code compliance and power quality matters.
- Carrying out harmonic filter and reactive compensation design work.
- Carrying out design calculations to specify equipment values for our manufacturing division.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Great verbal and written communication
- Strong team working culture
- Customer facing skills
- Analytical problem solver
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience with Power Systems analysis
- Experience with all or any of PSCAD, IPSA, DIgSILENT, ETAP and Simulink (desired)
- Full UK driving licence (desired)
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities. So, if you’re an ambitious Power Systems Engineer looking to further their career with a successful business, we would love to hear from you.